Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need advice on dating an older man (much older)?

am 22 years old and I am dating a 40 year old. He is separated from his wife and is planning to get a divorce. We've been together for over 6 months, and I really am in love with him. He has kids from his first wife....My family doesn't know anything about it, not because I am embarrased but I'm just afraid how my dad will feel... I am afraid of what they will think about the age difference and also that he has been married 2 times already. My close friends know about the situation and support me, but I dont want anyone getting the wrong ideas about my intentions. Not to sound conceted or anything (because I'm really not) but I am a very attractive young girl, and he is a good looking older man but you would never think the two of us would be dating... and he happens to have a lot of money also... Will people think I am after him for his money? Because I am a working girl and make my own money, and I truly am in love with him. Is this just an overall bad situation? What should I do?Need advice on dating an older man (much older)?
becarefull and you should tell your parents about him but just becarefullNeed advice on dating an older man (much older)?
Marissa, nothing is wrong with you dating a single older guy. He is married and he tells you he is getting a divorce to string you along for the ride. I hate being this harsh but it is the truth. You need to set some barriers and follow through with them. I am sure that you are a beautiful young lady who deserves better than what he is giving you right now. This is why you feel so ashamed to let your parents know who you are involved with.


Maybe when he gets his divorce then seek more for him.
Well you have to sit back and ask yourself some questions. What do you plan on getting out of this relationship? It's already apparent that you 2 seem to get along. It's been 6 months and you're still together. Do you want children and to be married. If so, you have to consider whether this fellow wants to as well. It's possible that he may just want a gf and not to start another family.
Unfortunately people will think you are only after his money based on his finances and your ages. Only you can decide how other peoples comments are going to affect the both of you. Are you ready to be a mom to his kids? Also if he is only seperated, he may be just using you as a fling and be suffering a mid-life crisis. He may only be saying he is getting a divorce to appease you. I hope for your sake it is not true. Good luck and be very careful.
This is really an overall bad situation. Honestly, when I first saw the age difference and how he sort of could be your dad and was twice your age, I was like, ';no this is horrible'; but then i kept reading and I was like, ';maybe she really does love him.'; So who cares about age and who cares about money and who cares about previous marriages. I say Go for it! And your family won't know how you feel about him as long as you have supportive friends to back you up, that's all you need. I'm sure your father will allow you to do this and support your relationship, if he doesn't, that's his problem. Just remember this inspirational quote, ';those who matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter.'; goodluck to both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment