Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking for advice on relations with an older man?

He's 40 and I'm 25. We know each other from work (breaks together only so we don't have to be around each other all day) He seems to be a really nice guy and we have things in common. We went out the other night and had a good time. Few games of pool, couple drinks and then back to his place for a movie. I was kind of surprised that he acted like a guy in his twenties. You know the flirty funny way. I guess men are all alike no matter what age?? (he was pretty convincing but no I didn't give in) This all brings me to questioning why he's single (never married, has a child) I asked and all I got was thats just the way it worked out for me. Anyway, any women/men that have been in a relationship with the age diff. or anything in common with what I've said that could give somekind of knowledge or advice would be great. I know what I want and am curious, without bluntly asking yet, what a guy his age might be looking for in life I guess. So, any comments like I said greatly appreciated.Looking for advice on relations with an older man?
Hi. My GF is 28 and i am 40. Just ask him what he is looking for, you can even ask him out for coffee. That is a good ice breaker. You can have a healthy relationship with him, emotionally and physically. Some people his age are single by choice. I have been divorced for 13 years and dated several women before i met my fiance. We have been together for 4 1/2 years not. If that is all he said for now than let it go. He may not be comfortable talking about it. Ask him out for coffe and just be you and talk with him. You won't regret it. And by the way...my gf and i are best of riends i we love each other alot.Looking for advice on relations with an older man?
Hmmmm, that's a rare one!!! Maybe since he has a child and has never been married, maybe he just has a problem with commitment. Just a thought!
In my experience there are two older types


1. been there done that want to settle down now


2. still ther doing that like being single afraid of commitment just want to hit it and have fun with a younger woman


at this stage it seem like its to early for you to distinguish were he is at.


I generally do not think that romance at the office is a good idea


But to get back to your question know that althought at the begining things may go well, over time the age differences become apparent. There are things that you will want to do, that he will have no interest in doing. Yet doing them without him will put you in situations that given his age he may perceive as threatning ie, clubs, bars, a night with the gals what have you.


Also know that his sexual prowess is affected


that is that he may be a great lover, but as I have experienced in the past, he may not have the virility that you as a young woman may desire. That may not be an issue but I just wanted to give you some insight into my experiences, because I do enjoy being the younger girlfriend, and I am attracted to older men. They can be great companions, nurturing, and all that. But they can also be more trouble than they are worth, especially if they are not willing to committ. They will use their experience against you and despite their unwillingness for commitment, will play mind games to control you and monopolize your time and your mind. It has nothing to do with how intelligent you are, it is just a fact that that person has been around the block a few more times than you have and has experience on their side


Another thing to consider about them is that I have noticed that the attraction may not be sexual but more mental. That is that he may be attracted to you because you are younger and that does give him an upper hand for the reasons previously mentioned


There may be some manipulation involved


On the upside he may genuinely like playing daddy and not engage in manipulation and games and just enjoy the idea of mentoring loving and nurturing a younger woman


just keep your mind and eyes open and you will now what is best for you in this situation


Good Luck
sound like the legendary ';CONFIRMED BACHELOR'; go for it, when he's done with you you'll know it!!!
There is a 13 year difference between my wife and I, yet we are the best of friends and I wouldn't trade her for the world!
you better get a 40 divorced
wow! what a man!


please tell me that he's one of 3 identical twins so I can get my self two of him ;)


ya'know what, I realy like a man and realy want to get to know him closer...but he's 41 and I'm 21. for me eage is just a number, I don't care as much as I like him and that I feel so happy around him that I want to stay by him for ever...but the problem is that, I'm not sure about his feelings about me, coz I never told him that I like him


girl you are so lucky that he's the one that making his MOVEs on you :(


as long as you like him, then it doesn't matter, coz ya'know these old yummy guys preffer young women like us ;)


besides you have things in common


and remember: Age is just a number.


have fun and gool luck ;)
Sounds like he has committment problems or he is man-whore possibly. If he has a child that is older than it might cause problems, children of single parents especially never married tend to be spoiled and can cause problems. Be sure he answers your questions about his past, if he doesn't run!
Does he have any long term relationships? That is, does he have any friends from years ago or are all of the people with whom he associates recent folks in his life. It has been my experience to stay away from folks that do not have long term relationships unless you want to be a short time one too.
Just got out of such a relationship (25 to 43) myself. He wasn't looking for anything serious; neither was I, but his definition of serious was a lot stricter than mine.





My advice, don't fall too deep, too fast. He's single for a reason. Quite possibly the reason is because he wants to be.





If he seems to want to take it really slow, and that's not what you want, run far, run fast and never look back. Totally not worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment