Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dating a military man... I need advice on this please!!! Through an online dating site I made a connection...?

with a guy deployed in Iraq on a 15 month tour in the US Army we began talking fairly steadily online/phone/email during the end of april which was near the end of his stay there. We hit it off really well and made plans to meet when he got back. The last I heard from him was May 21st and he got back last week sometime. He said he would call as soon as he got back to the states, but I haven't heard one word from him. I know he checked his myspace but only every few days. Today will mark 2 weeks since I've heard anything, I know post-deployment they have reintegration training for a set amount of days, but that wouldn't keep him from sending a short email would it? If he was a civilian I'd have given up long ago because he is military I feel like its a different beast. I know that being with a soldier takes loads of patience, but am I being too patient? Should I give up and move on? When he was over there I can understand long periods of no contact, but hes back now. Any advice please!Dating a military man... I need advice on this please!!! Through an online dating site I made a connection...?
Are you positive that he is back? He maybe held up for some reason. Give it a few more weeks. And if he still doesn't get back. That's it.Dating a military man... I need advice on this please!!! Through an online dating site I made a connection...?
Not to sound mean or anything, but he either is at home with his wife and obviously cant communicate with you. Or, he may just be taking care of business and getting settled after being gone a long time. However, I don't feel like there is a real good excuse for him not to at least leave you a quick message letting you know he's busy...something is not right........I wouldn't wait by the phone if I were you.
yes, move on. i was in the military and spent to years in iraq. he probly did really like you at the time becouse he was lonely and stuff but now that hes back home around family and friends he realized that hes not that interested in you at all. ive seen it happin alot.
Maybe he just needed to vent to someone, thats why you guys became close. He might be married. How much do you really know about this guy. Let me tell you military men come with alot of issues. You really have to think about what you want, stop waiting around. Plus the divorce rate because of deployment are ridiculous
My advice to you would be to forget him. You really had no proof that he was even overseas. You do not know anything except what he told you. There are so many liars and creeps online. I would be very, very careful and probably thankful that whoever this is, doesn't show up.
I would give up. Not to sound harsh, but maybe he was just lonely while out there and talking with you gave him some kind of comfort. Now he's back and has his friends and family. You can't put too much faith in people you meet online.
For all you know, he's married and home with his wife %26amp; family now.





Get on with your life.
give him space man. going back to the civy world can be really bad on some soldiers.....
I would just get on w/ your life and if he contacts you fine, if not, no harm no foul. Depending on how long it takes him to contact you could determine if you choose to pursue it or not. I know you want to hear something good, but it may not turn out that way unfortunately. If it does then great for you! But if I were you I would just continue to live your life and keep your options open as far as other guys go. Ultimately you need to listen to your gut. If its telling you to move on then that is probably the right thing to do. My mom always told me ';If in doubt, don't';. Good luck with whatever you decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment