Saturday, July 31, 2010

You advice please on an ';otherwise wonderful'; man?

I'm dating a guy who is great. He is handsome (many women tell me so), he's an athlete, he's smart, and he treats me like a queen.





My issue is simple: He's only 5'7';. Somehow deep inside I still have this desire to be with a man's man that can ';protect';. He is very fit but he's doesn't have ';great big muscles';. I worry about whether he could actually defend me or our potential children if he were to become a father. Also, if we were to have children, and if they'd be boys, I wouldn't want them to have his stature.





I feel like a horribly shallow person for asking this but my question is whether I should stick the relationship out and try to overcome my dissatisfaction or do him the favor of ending things before we make a more serious commitment?You advice please on an ';otherwise wonderful'; man?
If you truly can't get past this, then yes, you should end things - but in my honest opinion, you'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't try to get past your preconceptions. Size does not equal strength, whether it be physical or mental. And why place the burden of protection entirely on him? Don't you want your daughters to know how to defend themselves and set a good example for them?You advice please on an ';otherwise wonderful'; man?
Are you kidding me? You are horribly shallow. You're afraid he won't be able to 'protect'? Buy yourself a gun. And if you let him slip away over this don't come on here in a year bitching about how hard it is to find a great guy.
wow...thats all i gotta say...wow...
End it now,he deserves someone that will love all of him without ANY doubt.
Don't feel too bad, I prefer taller men also. But you do need to end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment