Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am marrying a muslim Pakistani man and Need advice on change of name?

I was never to crazy about my name and my fiancee has not asked me to change my name.





But I think it would be nice to change it to show my love and commitment to him.





Anyway, these are My choices of Arabic names





1. Mariam (means mother of the Muslim Prophet Jesus)





2. Farah (means JOY)





3. Leila (means night)





4. Shakira (means thankful)





5. Amani (means wishes)





Which do you like the most out of these?I am marrying a muslim Pakistani man and Need advice on change of name?
please visit the site with a lot easy to search either by name or meaning as well


if you want to search by meaning write down e.g 'lion','brave','beautiful' and select 'by meaning' and then any gender or female gender(as per your requirement). you will surely get one good name :)





http://www.muslim-baby-names.com/





for more help on search visit this page of website





http://www.muslim-baby-names.com/search-鈥?/a>I am marrying a muslim Pakistani man and Need advice on change of name?
If he is a truly nice, kind and decent man then you should not have to change anything, even your name. Are you Arab too? Do you keep your religion or have to change to Muslim? Make sure you are comfortable with all those things before you marry. A name change or any other change should be voluntary and not the control of someone else. You say he didn't ask you to but bviously you got the idea from someone. Good Luck!
I think Farrah is a beautiful name





DAVE S - You are racist pure and simple. She hasnt said she is a muslim, she just wants to change her name.





She has a right to name herself anyway she wants and for whatever reason she wants.





Maybe she doesn't like English lifestyle. Whats so great about it?









Amani is a lovely name.





Odd that isn't it?You ask about changing your name and you get 'how to run your life' instead!Some people,eh?
They are all lovely names, but I favour Amani as it is more uncommon than the others.
What about your love and commitment to your birth parents who chose you name in the first place? Don't you think that they may be hurt and upset by this?
I agree with Dave S.I wouldn't change my name for anyone.It would be like losing your whole identity.
What about ';zeba'; or ';sena';?
I like Leila the best - good luck with everything! :D
I really like Farah and Leila.
All are beautiful. Really difficult which one to decide...
Amani, is lovely and sounds exotic. If you're going to change it then go all out - good luck!
Farah. Good luck with your marriage.
What about Sara? It is also English...Sarah!


It means Princess and i hope he treats you like one.






I think Farah and Amani because they both have such beautiful meanings.





Good look in life!





xx
Shakira %26amp; Leila.


They both sound good. (:


x
I would keep your own name. It's you. He loves you.
Farah.


The best.
How about Mohamed.....If it's good for a cuddly teddy....
Ask the people of Pakistan when you move , Good luck
I'd go for Farah with those choices
i think you are making a BIG mistake in changing your name and religion
i think they are all cool but i would go with amani!
let your husband choose
You wouldn't like or take my advice so I won't offer it.
liela is a nice name


but maybe u should choose marium


.....;c)

No comments:

Post a Comment