Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need advice on a big age gap!! I'm in love with a man twice my age!!?

I met this man where i used to work.. we got on really well, when i left my job he contacted me and wanted to go for coffee for a chat. We got on really well and went out for dinner that night. over the last month we've been seeing each other on and off, he has never asked more of me then to spend time together so its nothing like he wants me just for sex.


The trouble is im 21... he's 47.


I'm in love with him but i havent told him yet. I'm just worried about the age gap and what my family would think of him wen they find out.


Can anyone help me out? just need a few opinions. Thanks xxI need advice on a big age gap!! I'm in love with a man twice my age!!?
Who cares about the age gap. If you love him and you share a bond, then what's the difference. If you are ashamed of him and what your family will think, then you don't love him that much. Because when you love someone, you don't care who knows, you are proud of that love that you feel and you want to share it with the world. Your parents might be shocked a bit, but they'll have to get over it.I need advice on a big age gap!! I'm in love with a man twice my age!!?
Age is just a number. It doesn't really matter. What matters is that you both feel the same about each other and that you are happy and comfortable together. When you do find out if he loves you too or not, those are the kind of things you might want to talk to him about. You will have a lot of things to consider, like children, marriage, careers. etc.


Just take it slow and put all your cards on the table.


I wish you the best of luck.
age does not matter, my dad has 18 year over my mom, and they were fine, your family has to respect your descision
age is just a number if you are over 21


i am 21 and would date an older guy so....
Theoretically, there should be no problem here.





But real life poses some questions. For example, being 26 years older than you, what's his history like? Is he married? Divorced? More than once? Does he have kids? If he's never been married, why not?





One problem with older partners is the baggage they've picked up along the way. Most 47-year-old men are husbands and fathers. So if not, why not? It's a legitimate question.





You're of age. You're a free agent. But you need to look realistically at him and ask yourself if you can deal with his baggage in addition to loving him.
forget about it.....why would you want some old has-been..who is old enough to be your father? hes just looking to recapture his youth? is he keeping you? rich? what are you getting out of it? why wouldn't you want to be with guys closer to your age...if you stuck with this guy in 10 or 15 years


you'll be cleaning his diapers.
go for it......you're legal.....and i think your parents will at least accept him because he's not like one of those immature boyfriends....he's more mature
age doesnt matter just make sure he isnt a sex affender or anything c i have the same problem kinda my boyfriend is going to graduate this year and i am going into highschool so i say if you really like him go for it!!!!!
Well, I gotta say, that's a huge gap. There's going to be a lot of people that will instantly assume that he has ill intentions because of it. He's almost 30 years your senior, so think hard about the impact it will place on your family AND you. Think about it, if it does go your way and you do get together, maybe even further than that, when you're in your 30's he'll be in his 60's pushing 70's. Something to chew on. I'm almost 40 and I'm thinking to myself, now what would a man of 47 have in common with a woman of 21?
This is a tough one and I've been there, done that. Make sure he's not married.





Remember, he's been through many phases in life that you haven't been through yet. You are just starting to grow into the true woman that you are going to be. This includes career decisions, deciding who your lifetime friends will be, what you prefer in a partner, and so forth.





Be very careful and don't be disappointed if the age difference ends up effecting things. It did for me. I was 23 and he was 40. His family didn't take me all that seriously and we were just on different pages in our lives.





If he fulfills the 3 most important aspects in a relationship, then it may work. Those aspects are intellectual, physical, and emotional stimulation. Think back to the relationships you've already had, I'll bet one of those points were lacking and it just didn't work out. I found the physical part was great, but emotional and intellectual wasn't compatible enough.





Good luck!
  • blackheads eraser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment