Thursday, August 19, 2010

02 mustang 4.6 ltr no fuel. Want advice and info on geting owners man. Bought repair book it sucks.?

I am sure it is the fuel pump however the repair book I have does not say what relay is what and I do not have the owners manuel. I do not want to pull the in tank mounted fuel pump to find out it is a relay or resistor or what not. This particular car requires a code reader and it is snowing to much to tow it to a shop. I have 8 or so wires going to pump unit. 2 are hot I assume the low volt is the gage and the high volt is the pump. I checked all relays in the fuse box under hood and all are good according to book even though the book doesn't say what runs what. It says refer to owners book....Should I pull pump and buy the $210 replacement or ...........02 mustang 4.6 ltr no fuel. Want advice and info on geting owners man. Bought repair book it sucks.?
The chapter on fuses and relays (including diagrams %26amp; charts for all the fuses %26amp; relays) begins on page 160 in your owners manual.





Your complete owners manual (2002 Ford Mustang) can be downloaded by clicking here:


http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/co鈥?/a>


It is in pdf format so it is easily saved to your computer or printed for future reference.02 mustang 4.6 ltr no fuel. Want advice and info on geting owners man. Bought repair book it sucks.?
You're welcome!


I'm glad I could help.


;-)

Report Abuse



get as close as u can to the fuel pump with a multi meter and see if u can get a reading with the ignition on so u know if its ur fuel pump or not
Its rather easy to do the fuel pump. You can get a new pump cheaper on ebay,summit,50resto, etc
Check the inertia switch mounted in the trunk. The red button needs to be pushed down to reset.
try : http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/

No comments:

Post a Comment